On Fri, Mar 08, 2002 at 03:14:31PM -0700, Sasha Pachev wrote:
> On Thursday 07 March 2002 10:48 pm, Jeremy Zawodny wrote:
> > The 4.0.x slave I had just rebuilt the other day died about 40 minutes
> > ago and produced a core file each time. ?It got caught in the cycle of
> > "core dump, restart, core dump, restart..."
>
> Jeremy:
>
> I have tracked down and fixed the assertion failure issue. However,
> I am still not certail why the sql thread does partial reads. I have
> pushed my fix into the public tree, so let's have you pull it and
> try again.

Yeah, I just saw that.  I'll rebuild and let it run.

> I am curious to see :
>
>  a) if re-try after the failed read will actually do any good
>  b) why the read is failing in the first place

Right.

> if a) does not do any good the daemon will be stuck trying to read
> the same event, but will not generate assertion failure. b) could be
> happening because of some system failure, or it could be a logic
> error. In any case, I would like to have a look at
> db3-relay-bin.005.

You'll find db3-relay-bin.005.gz uploaded in the secret directory on
your support FTP server.  Once completely uploaded, it's about 29MB in
size.

Thanks!

Jeremy
--
Jeremy D. Zawodny, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Technical Yahoo - Yahoo Finance

MySQL 3.23.47-max: up 29 days, processed 1,015,158,099 queries (398/sec. avg)