I have a db with some data that includes parentheses, for example:

mysql> select Artist, Track from tracks where Artist regexp 'Isley Brothers Band';
+-------------------------+-----------------------------------+
| Artist                  | Track                             |
+-------------------------+-----------------------------------+
| The Isley Brothers Band | Tell Me It's Just A Rumour (inst) |
1 row in set (0.07 sec)

When I try to actually search on the existance of a parentheses I get an
error, thus:

mysql> select Artist, Track from tracks where Track regexp 'Rumour (';
ERROR 1139: Got error 'parentheses not balanced' from regexp
mysql> select Artist, Track from tracks where Track regexp 'Rumour \(';
ERROR 1139: Got error 'parentheses not balanced' from regexp

Anyone know how I can 'escape' the parentheses?

-aToM