damn anti-spam: sql sql sql sql sql query query query

Hi I have the same database twice.. I know that I can use replication to let
them copy it in one way... but I would like 2 way replication so you can add
records in both databases...
The databases do not alway have a connection... and replication must
only start when user choose so.

Is this possible???

one problem would be to keep the relations ok... can the database handle
this?

another problem is when two people modify the same record..
two things I though of that could fix this: remember the exact changes, so
if one person changes the telephonenumber of record x and another person the
streetnaam of that same record x, then merge the changes.
And if they modify the same column in the same record, then let one database
be superior (possible to choose which one when replication starts?

I don't know if my idea's make sense, but I figured that if the database
could do all these things it would be possible... if it's not possible I
would have to keep a log in the client program...more programming work...

grt,

Bram