Hello,
    I am trying to install and run MySQL on Win XP, the latest release
being: MySQL 3.23.49, Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP (12M), from
http://www.mysql.com/downloads/mysql-3.23.html. My problem is simply that I
cannot use it after installation! I go into the command prompt, cd
mysql\bin, type mysql and am given a "can't connect" error.
    Has anyone had any experience of this / solution? I have it running on
Win 2K no problem but need to migrate to XP.

Thanks for all input, if not just to quell my cynicism of XP.

Paul.