I just got it to work in VB.NET.  I played with the connection string.  In
fact, I took everything out except the DSN.  Here is the code
(VB.net).  For the most part it is exactly like VB6 except no SET commands
and no default properties.  Try making your connection string minimal in C#.

         Dim c As New ADODB.Connection()
         Dim r As New ADODB.Recordset()

         c.Open("DSN=SchoolStuff")
         r = c.Execute("SELECT * FROM classtitles")
         While Not r.EOF
             MsgBox(r.Fields("classtitle").Value)
             r.MoveNext()
         End While