Hi,

I'm trying to run MySQL ver 3.23.49 on Win98 with Apache, PHP & Perl. Apache
reports that PHP & Perl are running OK. When I try to start MySQL, or let it
start on boot, or try to use the "WinMySqladmin" program, I get a Windows
error from MYSQLD-OPT.exe, with the usual Win98 "close" and "details"  and
the console screen for that program reads:

c:\serve\MySql\bin\mysql-opt.exe: Fatal error: Can't find messagefile 'C:
erve\MySql\share\english\errmsg.sys'

It seems the program is looking in "C:/ erve" when in fact the relevant
errmsg.sys file is in the "C:/serve" folder into which everything was
installed, along with the complete MySQL installation. There is no "C:/
erve" folder. I can't get MySql to run.

I assumed a data error, or perhaps a wrong line in a config file somewhere,
but I uninstalled and reinstalled MySql twice (including installing to the
default folder), no change,. and I can't find any reference to this
non-existent folder anywhere in a config file, so I can't correct it.

Please help me, it's taken me (admittedly not a networking guru) 3 days to
get Apache running happily with Perl and PHP, and this is going to tip me
over the edge...!

Thanks in advance, Mick.