>> We are having a serious problem with a simple replication setup using
>> MySQL. One small database with 12 tables is being replicated one way
-
>> one master, one slave. Write transaction load is small, about 1
record
>> per second, usually on only one of the tables. Read load is also
light.
>> The replication starts out fine. However, after a few hours the mysql
>> daemon on either the master or the slave just quits. No error is
logged.
>> No core dump. It just quits. As far as we can tell, nothing special
is
>> going on with the system at the time the mysql daemon quits. For
>> example, yesterday, we did a fresh install at about 3:30 pm. At about
>> 7:05 pm the master mysql daemon quit. We restarted it and about 9:30
am
>> this morning the slave mysql daemon quit. ??? Systems using the same
>> versions, but without replication, have never experienced a loss of
the
>> mysql daemon.

>The entire daemon quits? That's not something I've ever run across, and
it
>seems even stranger with the fact that both the master and the slave
have
>done it.

Yes, mysqld disappears. Poof!

>Have you checked both the mysql error logs and the replication logs?
The
>replication logs should be in the MySQL data directory. When a slave
stops
>replication, that's where the last known error is logged, and usually
sheds
>insight into *that* problem.

Nothing in the MySQL error logs. Don't know what you are refering to as
the
"replication log". There is no binlog for the slave and there are no
other
logs in the data directory or log directory. Is this something that has
be enabled?

Al

Al Johnson

Network Storage Solutions