Hi all.

I'm using MySQL server 3.23.47 (client 3.23.44) on Windows 98 (...sorry)
accessing to database via ODBC (MySQL ODBC release 3.5.01.01) and VC++6.0 & MFC
(CRecordset).
I have noticed that queries are really slow... with a simple SELECT like this:

SELECT
    ID_Field, Text_Field, Date_Field, Num_Field
FROM
    mytable
ORDER BY
    Num_Field

the server takes about 31 seconds to show all the 2872 records.

I tried to modify some parameters in the DSN and I noticed that checking 'Use
compressed protocol' the same query takes only about 6 seconds to complete and I
said "That's great" :))))
I have used  for the tests WinSQL (www.indus-soft.com/winsql) and -of course-
the program I'm developing.

Now I would like to know: