Hi!

Mike> SELECT fullTextMatches.realname, fullTextMatches.address,
Mike>        fullTextMatches.address2, fullTextMatches.city,
Mike> fullTextMatches.state,
Mike>        fullTextMatches.zip, fullTextMatches.country,
Mike> fullTextMatches.email,
Mike>        fullTextMatches.homephone, fullTextMatches.workphone,
Mike>        fullTextMatches.userid
Mike> FROM   tums.fullTextMatches, orders.header USE INDEX (userId)
Mike> WHERE  header.storeId="/stores/eyarn" AND
Mike> header.userId=fullTextMatches.userId
Mike> ORDER BY realname

Mike> generates different results and is much faster than the same query
Mike> without "USE INDEX(userId):

<cut>

Mike> Without the USE INDEX zero records match. With the USE INDEX I get 13
Mike> matches.

<cut>
>Release:       mysql-3.23.44 (Source distribution)
<cut>

Could you please upgrade to 3.23.49 and see if this solves your
problem.
If not, could you then ftp the table + a README file with contains the
problem to: ftp://support.mysql.com:/pub/mysql/secret
and we will take a look at this.

Regards,
Monty