Sanjay,

SC> We have Mysql standard distribution (ver 3.23.32) for
SC> Solaris and we just realised that we needed InnoDB
SC> support. What would be the easiest way to add InnoDB
SC> table type? Is it possible to do it without  affecting
SC> the tables and databases that are already present.

Standart distributibe doesn't support InnoDB table type. You should
install MySQL-max.

You must also specify InnoDB options in my.cnf file in order to
use that table handler.

You can read about InnoDB configuration parameters in the manual:
       http://www.mysql.com/doc/I/n/InnoDB_start.html

"SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'have%'" helps you to check if InnoDB is
supported.

You can use different table types at the same time in one database.

You may not to convert MYISAM tables to InnoDB, but if you want to
convert you can read notes about it at:
       http://www.mysql.com/doc/S/E/SEC444.html

--
For technical support contracts, goto https://order.mysql.com/
  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Victoria Reznichenko