SQL QUERY question

I have three tables:

students has student_id and student_name
parents has parent_id and parent_name
parentlog has student_id and parent_id

I want to search the parentlog WHERE student_id = some_id
GROUP BY parent_id

(This will bring back two rows when there are two parents)

At the same time I want to get the name of the student that
matches student_id and the name of the parent.

I can LEFT JOIN students with parentlog USING(student_id) but
I can't figure how I can join the parents so that I can get
the name of match for the parent_id.

Can I join three tables and search all in one pass?

TIA

John Hughes