Hi everyone

Maybe somebody can help me with what seems like a tricky
subselect-avoidance question?

In a MySQL database, there are two tables - 'reports' and
'reports_signup'.   'reports' has two columns, 'id' and 'report_name'.
 'reports_signup' has three columns - 'id', 'report_id' and 'user_id'.
 ('id' in this table may be superfluous).  'report_id' is a value from
the 'reports_table', and 'user_id' is a value from another table.

I've written a query to select the report names of all reports a
particular user (say, id '2') is signed up to:

  SELECT reports.id,reports.report_name FROM reports LEFT JOIN
reports_signup ON reports.id = reports_signup.report_id WHERE
reports_signup.user_id = '2';

I now want to write a query to select the report names of all reports a
particular user is *not* signed up to - I'm having big troubles with this.

Can anybody assist me?

Best wishes,

Peter.