I am hoping this reaches the right place, I was sure I had sent it but
didn't see it come to list...

I have two problems I am hoping to solve.

1) Is it possiblt to "combine" two update queries into one.  So something
like UPDATE table SET field=value WHERE field=value2 which makes up one
statement can be combined to also have UPDATE table SET field2=value WHERE
field2=value2

Currently I am using to UPDATE queries to do this but would like to cut it
down if possible.

2) I have a table that seems to lock up at random.  So in phpmyadmin it says
"In Use".  How can I remove this lock?  I program in perl and PHP and would
like to be able to free it up through one of these languages but am unsure
of how to unlock it in mySQL alone.

Jeff