The problem begins when I type in use mysql;
Please look at the very left edge with three asterisks..*** where I marked. ACCESS
denied....
Hope it will be fixed with your help so I can mind my own chores.

C:\mysql\bin>net start mysql
The MySql service is starting.
The MySql service was started successfully.

C:\mysql\bin>mysqladmin ping
mysqld is alive

C:\mysql\bin>mysql
Your MySQL connection id is 2 to server version: 3.23.44-nt

mysql> mysqld
    -> \q
Bye

C:\mysql\bin>mysqld

C:\mysql\bin>mysql
Your MySQL connection id is 3 to server version: 3.23.44-nt

mysql> show databases;
+-------------+
| Database    |
+-------------+
| Meet_a_Geek |
| database05  |
| db001       |
| db002       |
| mrbs        |
| mysql       |
| sample_db   |
| shopcart    |
| test        |
+-------------+
9 rows in set (0.02 sec)

***mysql> use mysql;
ERROR 1044: Access denied for user: '@localhost' to database 'mysql'
mysql> use mysql -root
ERROR 1044: Access denied for user: '@localhost' to database 'mysql'
mysql> mysql
    -> /q
    -> \q
Bye

C:\mysql\bin>mysql
Your MySQL connection id is 4 to server version: 3.23.44-nt