HT> 616e647265747469 andretti
HT> 616e6472e9737069 andr.spi

HT> there is a character e9 in your string. It is not an ordinary character and
HT> can cause an error in the sorting order between InnoDB-.41 and InnoDB-.49.

  ok :)

>>mysql> insert into popup select * from popup2;
>>ERROR 1213: Deadlock found when trying to get lock; Try restarting
HT> transaction
>>mysql> replace into popup select * from popup2;
>>ERROR 1213: Deadlock found when trying to get lock; Try restarting
HT> transaction
>>
>>  I don't see why this deadlock ...

HT> MySQL binlogging requires that INSERT INTO ... SELECT ... sets shared locks
HT> on the SELECT table.

HT> To avoid the shared locks, use SELECT INTO OUTFILE and LOAD DATA INFILE.

  ?  MySQL binlogging ? I don't have option "log-bin" in my.cnf. Is it
  what you are talking about ?

  I  don't  understand,  INSERT  INTO ... SELECT ... used to work with
  InnoDB tables.

  Is it because there are to much selects and updates on the table and
  so while doing insert InnoDB reaches a lock limit ?

  Regards,
  Alex.