On Mon, 18 Mar 2002, Aaron D. Turner wrote:

> I've read the docs on mysql.com about the BDB and InnoDB table formats, as
> well as their pro's & con's and I was wondering if anyone could give their
> opinion on the matter.  I don't need row-level locking or other fancy
> features other than transaction support.  My tables are about 1-5 thousand
> rows for the forseeable future.  It's also not a heavly loaded DB (about
> 1-5 users at a time).
>
> I'm mostly concerned about stability and reliability.  I do nightly
> backups, but even loosing a few hours worth of work would be 'bad'.  With
> this in mind, suggestions anyone?
>
> Thanks.

I have to agree with Walt on this.  BDB tables seemed solid but slow when
we evaluated them.  InnoDB tables weren't quite as mature at that time,
(3.23.28 or so, if I remember correctly), but they've improved enough
since then that I don't see much of a benefit to BDB over InnoDB now,
unless you want to keep each table in a seperate file.