Howdy, I'm about to put together a book on MySQL (in Peachpit Press'
Visual QuickStart Guide series) and am looking for a tech reviewer. The
book itself will be a step by step beginner's text to the world's best
open source database. Running about 300 pages it will not be as
comprehensive or professionally-oriented as, for example, Paul DuBois'
most excellent book, MySQL (just so you can get a sense of the scope of
the project and the target audience).

The tech reviewer's responsibility is to go over what I have written,
correct any technical errors, and make suggestions of what else to
discuss. It is a paid position (amount to be determined by you and the
publisher) and the reviewer receives free copies of the published book
along with an honorable mention, normally. The process will take
approximately 4 months--your ability to review chapters quickly is
important--and it's all done via email.

If you might be interested in this position, please email me with a
quick synopsis of your skills (MySQL naturally, Perl, Java, PHP, etc),
what version of MySQL you are running, and what operating systems you
have access to for testing purposes. Also let me know if you have any
questions or concerns.

Thanks to everyone for their consideration!
Larry