Am Mittwoch, 20. März 2002 11:24 schrieben Sie:
> > I just installed mysql fresh out of the box on a fresh SuSE linux 7.1.
> > mysql does not let me enter german umlauts, though. I tried to start it
> > with "mysql --default-character-set=latin_de", but it complained about
> > the character sets not being installed. Then I installed the mysql
> > server, which in turn installs the character sets. latin_de is not
> > included, though. I tried it with "mysql --default-character-set=german1"
> > instead. No luck.
>
> Was meinst Du mit "does not let me enter"?  Blockieren die
> entsprechenden Tasten?  Erscheint nichts auf dem Bildschirm?  Gibt es
> irgendeine Fehlermeldung?  Liefert MySQL bei einem SELECT das Falsche
> zurück?

keystrokes with umlauts do not have any echo on the screen. batch input (text
files with sql statements with umlauts redirected to mysql) do not insert
umlauts into the database (but the rest of the text, so that the words are
mis-spelt). there is no error message. select statements contain any umlauts
in the database, though, and I can enter umlauts into the database using
other clients than mysql.

s.m.