Hi,

I am no major linux guru, I am not even sure this is a bug, but here goes:

OK, my host creates databases on its shared hosting systems (redhat 7 and
latest stable MySQL (or it was about 3 weeks ago)) in the format
username_dbname. You can then obviously create users with the permissions,
that can then access these databases through ssh and phpmyadmin. The host is
setup so that databases can only be created through the control panel, and
not the phpmyadmin or ssh (user has no privileges to setup database).
However, when I login to phpmyadmin, I am able to create a new database,
with a user that has no permissions to, in the format username?dbname (the
username and dbname have to be the same, only  the _ changes ?). Once again,
I am not experienced in the Linux environment, so am not totally sure
whether this is a bug or not.

Stewart.

PS, Once I have created the database, it impossible for me to delete it
through phpmyadmin as I get an sql error, but I can create tables etc in it.