If you are using KDE, there a great gui mysql program called kmysqladmin,
that you can download and install and have running within second, it comes
all versions of Sues and a great guy to work with. I know that on the
website there is a tar ball and a Red Hat version.

Use google.com to find it.

Chuck Payne
Magi Design and Support