Hello,

I am painfully new to mySQL (I'm working on my first database), so my
apologies if I ask something stupid.

I am using phpMyAdmin 2.2.0 to connect to MySQL 3.23.36

I have a database named "arooooo" with a table "specialdays"

I have a CSV that I want to import to the 'specialdays'

I went to the link for 'add textfile into tables' and gave it the location
of the textfile (which is on my local Win32 system.  The mySQL is on my
webhost (redhat Linux)).

I entered a ',' in the "fields terminated by" and hit 'submit' and the
result was:

LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE '/tmp/phpBrUPIG' INTO TABLE `specialdays` FIELDS
TERMINATED BY ',' ENCLOSED BY '"' ESCAPED BY '\\' LINES TERMINATED BY
'\r\n'

MySQL said:

File '/tmp/phpBrUPIG' not found (Errcode: 0)

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, or if perhaps phpMyAdmin is configured
incorrectly (I'm not the sysadmin).

Any pointers appreciated
Thanks for your patience

TjL

ps -- I have some general "understanding databases" type questions.  Where
would be a good place to ask those?