Hey-

I ran into the same problem you did. After some searching on the web, this
is what I came up with:

First save the text file in the directory corresponding to the database you
are currently using (menagerie). So the file will be be
"c:\mysql\data\menagerie\pet.txt"

I then typed:

mysql> LOAD DATA INFILE "pet.txt" INTO TABLE pet;

Notice I left out the "LOCAL". I was having trouble specifying the file if
the location was somewhere other than the directory corresponding to the
database in question, but this will at least work. Give it a try and let me
know how it works!

Hope this helped.

-Art