Hi there, I have gone thru the pdf doc's etc and i have been playiing
around with devshed articles as well as being a db programmer using
PostgreSql v7 on my Linux Box and that horrible thingy called M$ Access
2000 ( The non-cocurrent issue) on my Win98 Box.

Nevertheless i have been ok so far upto now! The problem is that when i
try to run mysql server i get the following error
ERROR 2005: Unknown MySql Server Host 'host' (11001).

Setup - Mysql v3 O/S Win 98  utilising the mysqladmin & mysqlManager

I have tried from ms-dos > C:\mysql\bin >msqladmin     < everthings fine>
C:\mysql\bin\mysqladmin - h host -u user -p
 > prompt for password  > still ok > then i get the above error so i am
unable to go in as root.

I know that the default port 3306 and i believe that i have host as
localhost  correctly

When i go via mysql \ bin mysqld \ i am unable to enter any commands
thus have to \c to clear buffer.
and when i get the mysql prompt which to me indicates the MySql is
running agian on command \s
states that the current user is ODBC@localhost (I installed that driver
to hook up to my M$ Access mdb.

Thus i have tried that telnet thing and don't get much of info back as below

telnet feedback.

2
 3.23.49-max-debug[] >ecCbgGxH []    < weired hey >

Any suggestions as i would like to take this tool forward as it's
clearly a powerful db (Once i can drive i'll d/load MySql v4 )