I know I'm new to this and despite checking FAQs and the manual, am having
difficulties getting MySQL to work properly under Windows 95. Unfortunately,
I don't have a choice of operating system, even though I'm developing for
Windows NT/2000.

Anyway I have started the server with mysqld, a fact that can be proven
(allegedly) by using a MySQL ping. WinMySQLAdmin 1.4 seems to think
everything is okay, yet when I try to create a database I'm told the server
must be started.

Has anyone using MySQL had these problems with Windows 95? Or is it just
me...

Paul.

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s)
only.  It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject
to legal privilege.  It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any
other party.  If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this
e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender.  Thank you.