Hello list,
I am attempting to run:
>perl -MCPAN -e 'install DBD::mysql'<

I am having a similar problem as the message that is in this subject line,
reported by Jon Ingason in a message dated March 1, 2002.   I must have
tried the install routine at least 15 times, varying different settings that
I thought would force the system to use a different test file, fix
permissions, etc.  I even installed a new mysql and Perl, but all efforts
have produces no better results.

I get an unable to connect error. It gets through most of the install
routine just fine, until attempting to access the test database.  I didn't
know whether the test database should be created or not, but I've tried it
both ways.  Then I switched to having the system use the <mysql> database
which I know I can access at the command line to add records and privileges.
At first, I thought it was due to a GRANT PRIVILEGES issue, so I spent quite
a bit of time making sure that the database was accessible, passwords were
set up correctly, etc.

The DBD file is DBD-mysql-2.1011.  Should I be using >Bundle::DBD:mysql< ?
Would that make this setup routine any easier?

If the database is accessible at the command line, why would it not be
unable to connect when using the perl install routine?

TIA for any help.

Andrew Lietzow
The ACL Group, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]