hi

I need to select the ten latest entries from a diary-database, but i don't want
to get any duplicate users, so if i want to select the ten latest entries and
someone has written five entries of these latest ones, i only want to get the
latest entries from each user. So far no problem, my query below fixes that. But
the problem is that i also want to get the correct headline from the latset entries
from
each person.

Since mysql dosen't support subselects i have tried to use userdefined variables
and the max()-function in a where-clause, but i found that it's not possible to
use these methods.

If anyone got a solution i would be really happy.

The fields in the database looks like this:
referer - int
time - datetime
headline - varchar

My current nonworking query looks like this:
select referer,max(time) as maxtime,headline from diary group by referer order
by maxtime desc limit 10;

/tobias