[snip]

> The data is loading fine and the NULL values are in fact
> correctly entered
> as NULLs but I'm getting this warning after the LOAD statement:
>
> Records: 3  Deleted: 0  Skipped: 0  Warnings: 3
>
> I don't understand why I'm getting the warnings or what they're about.

When you load data from a file, there's no way to know exactly what the
warnings are.  However, they are the same ones you'd get from a single
insert statement, or from too many or two few columns in your insert file
(extra columns are ignored).

A suggestion here recently was to do a SELECT ... INTO FILE after your
insert, selecting the records you just inserted (easier if you just do this
into an empty table), then compare the output file with your input file.
Having done that myself, I'm still mystified by where the warnings are
coming from on my inserts.  I need a better file comparison tool...

Of course, the alternative way to figure out what's going on is to do
individual INSERT statements and look at the actual warnings.

See http://www.mysql.com/doc/L/O/LOAD_DATA.html

Nick