Hi there,

If you could please answer this question impartially as I know a lot of you
use UNIX, Linux and Win machines...

I am building a website with mySQL and Cold Fusion, and was wondering if
there were any 'issues' with running it from a Mac OSX web server. I am
aware that Cold Fusion is not yet available for OSX, but will be soon,
therefore my question is predominantly to ask if anyone uses a OSX webserver
with mySQL.

To those of you that helped build mySQL - are there any major problems as to
why I shouldn't use this setup? I am not committed to this setup, its just
that I need to decide whether to use a MacOSX or Linux machine (my boss
likes Macs - and if I want to have a Linux setup then I have to have
legitimate concerns as the why, such as security, support etc).

Thanks for your time.

- Rob

Rob Newman Ph.D.
Institute of Geophysics and Planetary Physics
Scripps Institution of Oceanography
University of California, San Diego
9500 Gilman Drive
La Jolla, CA 92093-0225, USA