As far as OS's are concerned, I'm an equal opportunity bigot, I hate them
all.  :)

Using these tools on your home PC running some flavour of Windows will work
fine. That's the way I work, devel on the WinXP box, ftp the files/changes
to my Linux web server. Everything seems to work - excepting the weirdness I
am currently having with Slowaris. I don't recommend a production
environment using Windows though...

Everything will co-exist (I think). I haven't run IIS with Apache at the
same time, although I don't see why they would conflict as long as they are
both not trying to use port 80. I've run Oracle and Mysql at the same time,
works fine if slow (Oracle is a pig on Windoze, er, is a pig).

Everything runs as a service, you can up and down them at will if you
want/need.

HTH