Due to problems with the Binary release for AIX (Dependent module libz.a
count not be found),
I decided to compile our own from source.

The resulting mysql  works fine for the AIX machine where it was compiled,
but does not run on
SOME other AIX machines.  The error reported is: "Dependent module
libmysqlclient.a could not be loaded."

We used the IBM C compiler on AIX v4.3.3 to perform the build.

Our resulting mysql does NOT work on another machine which also has AIX
v4.3.3 and does NOT work on
a machine which runs AIX 5.x.

Using the ldd tool, I have identified two libraries that libmysqlclient.a is
dependent upon, libc.a and libcrypt.a.  Both of these libraries
exist on all machines.

I can't recompile MySQL for every machine.   Any ideas on how to compile a
version that WILL work on any AIX 4.3.3  machine?

thanks

joe