Hello all

I am trying to query two columns in mysql which have fulltext indexes using
the following:

SELECT ID,publication,run_date,left(ad_copy,40) as Advertisement FROM
classifieds WHERE MATCH (long_group) against ('\"$param2\"') AND MATCH
(ad_copy) against ('\"$param1\"')

As you can probably guess, the $params are coming from a form via php. The
above query works fine when the user submits both parameters but I can't
work out how to trap for the user only entering a single parameter (which
causes the query to always return an empty set)?

Cheers and thanks

kim