Hi,

I'm new to the list and I joined because I couldn't figure out the
answer to this problem.

I'm trying to take a string ( In this case, a password ), and encrypt it
with RSA encryption via the perl module, Crypt::RSA.  Later on, I want
to be able to pull the encrypted string back out and decrypt it.

One of three things happens when I do this however.

1) Everything works fine.
2) I cannot insert the encrypted string.
3) The encrypted string is inserted, but incorrectly and will not
decrypt.

I tried using a blob or medium blob for the datatype, but neither will
work 100% of the time.  Has anyone done this before with a Mysql db and
if so, how? What sort of datatype do you use for the field that will
contain the encrypted string?  Did you use a different type of
encryption method? ( Keep in mind that I cannot use a one way encryption
scheme for this. )

Thanks,

Steve