We are looking at using replication between two MySQL servers. In our
situation, there might be a firewall between the two servers and we will
need to permit the traffic between the two through the firewall.

 From what I have read, it sounds like the Slave connects to the Master (in
stead of the master to the slave, or even the slave contacting the master,
and then the master establishing a connection to the slave). Is this (Slave
-> Master) correct? It also seems as if the data transfer happens on port
3306 (by default). THis is also correct?

thanks

benji

---
Ben Spencer