Hi can someone confirm that one does not need to create a tld file ie
tag lib descripter and deploy to my META-INF subdirectory of my root
application. Also does one need to add the taglib element to my web.xml
file and a jsp page directive.

The reason is i didn't require any of these procedures when i made my
connection utilising DBTags  to my PostgrSql Database.

I can't recall needing to do the above as all i need to do was was make
a connection as below :
Im aware this is fairly unsecure method.

<sql:connection id="conn1">
  <sql:url>jdbc:postgresql://***.**.*.**/test1</sql:url>
  <sql:driver>org.postgresql.Driver</sql:driver>
  <sql:userId>chucka</sql:userId>
  <sql:password></sql:password>
</sql:connection>

Plz advice as im sure i just have to deploy mm.gjt.mysql-2.0.4-bin.jar
to my webapps/volunteers/WEB-INF/lib dir path.
note i have tried numerous ways to get this thing going thus it must be
my development server playing up again .

Cheers Chuck Amadi
Systems Programmer