From: Chuck Roberts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 27, 2002 10:51 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: How to use SSL on Win2000 client?

We have Solaris 2.8 running Mysql 3.23.49. We are building a
database with an Access 2002 front end on Win98/95 or Win2000,
which would run over the internet. My problem is, how do we
encrypt the communications between the front-end and the back-end
(mysql)? Mysql supports SSl but Access does not. However, Win2000
supports IPSec, and it appears Solaris has a command called
"ipsec". Does anyone know how to set these up? And how can I
verify the communications are being encrypted? I have a sniffer
from Analogx.com.

And now for the curveball. Our customers will not have Win2000,
but will have Win98/95. What are my client options for Win95/98?

Thanks.

p.s. I'm open to any other encryption options which are set up
once, then you forget about it. I've heard about using a Virtual
Private Network and maybe ipsec, which is supported both in
Win2000 and Solaris 2.8.