David Yee queried:

> Hi.  How can I import a text file containing all fixed-length records into
> MySQL?  Is there a way to do it with LOAD INFILE?  The text file was
> originally designed for import into Oracle.  Thanks.

http://www.mysql.com/doc/     'import' <SEARCH/>

http://www.mysql.com/doc/m/y/mysqlimport.html
4.8.7 mysqlimport, Importing Data from Text Files

Mysqlimport provides a command-line interface to the LOAD DATA INFILE SQL
statement. Most options to mysqlimport correspond directly to the same
options to LOAD DATA INFILE. See section 6.4.9 LOAD DATA INFILE Syntax.

<LINK/>

http://www.mysql.com/doc/L/O/LOAD_DATA.html
6.4.9 LOAD DATA INFILE Syntax

<etc/>