rory oconnor inquired:

> I have a new client that wants to use filemaker on his mac to enter data
> for site information.  I'm sure that I can take that and export the
> files and import into the site's MySQL database...but I'm wondering if
> it is possible to link his filemaker database to the MySQL database
> using ODBC?  I have done this with MS Access on a PC, but not filemaker
> on a mac.
>
> Has anybody done this or know where I can get more information?

Haven't done it, but it sounds interesting. Nosed around with searches at
google and found out that Lasso (who sometimes announces to this mail list)
appears to claim to be able to integrate them. (Lasso has their own
language, something of a non-open competitor to perl/php.)

Also went over to filemaker (http://www.filemaker.com) and found some specs.
ODBC is apparently not yet supported on Mac OS X, but they seem to indicate
they are working on it. It looks like it supports JDBC, so you may be in
luck if you use Java.

Not much information.

Joel Rees
Alps Giken Kansai Systems Develoment