At 10:55 AM +0000 3/29/02, DL Neil wrote:

>> We can hit:
>> a) no collection
>> b) a collection that hasn't had any photos moved/uploaded to it yet,
>or..
>> c) a collection with one or more photos (the "normal, everything's
>fine" case)

>Let us know how you get on!

Thanks again DL, my first stab at using JOIN in the query:

select photo.photo_id AS photo_id,
    photo.keywords AS keywords,
    collection.title AS title,
    collection.description AS description
from collection LEFT JOIN photo
     on photo.collection_id = collection.collection_id
where
      collection.collection_id = $collection
group by photo.photo_id;

I can now assess empty set vs empty collection vs
collection with photos.

--
Daniel L. Smith - Sonoma County, CA
http://resume.daniel.org