Join many table with 1 query is the ideal.  Because you must sure that
there are the valid data integrity.   If there is only 1 broken join key
(any part of table1.key=table2.key), you'll got the null row.  When you
need to display all of the first table value and retrieve another
information from other table, try to make more than 1 query like this

$qry1 = "select * from table1;";
$result = mysql_query($qry1, $mysql_link)
if ($result) {
         while($row = mysql_fetch_array($mysql_result)) {
                 ... display as you want before check value in another table
                $qry2 = "select * from othertable where code='$row[cid]';";
                $result2 = mysql_query($qry2, $mysql_link);
                if ($result2) {
                         $row2 = mysql_fetch_array($result2);
                        if (trim($cname)=="") {
                         $cname = "N/A";
                        } else {$cname = trim($row2[name])."
".trim($row2[surname]);
                        }
                 } else {$cname = "N/A";}
                         print "$cname\n";
         }
}

hope to help you,
Sommai,

At 23:34 31/3/2002 -0800, David McInnis wrote:
>Can anyone tell me a more efficient way to structure this query?  It
>works fast enough now, but I don't have that much data yet.  I am
>concerned with future performance.
>
>I need all of the rows from the project table that match the first where
>clause.  The other information saves me from having to run a bunch of
>additional queries to get information that I need to display.
>
>select a.clientid, a.pid, a.writerid, a.dt_assigned,
>         b.itemname,
>         c.fname, c.lname, d.company
>from    projects a,
>         catalog b,
>         clients c,
>         partners d
>where a.writerid = 2 and
>         a.sku = b.sku and
>         a.clientid = c.id and
>         c.partnerid = d.id;
>
>Thanks,
>
>David McInnis

Please be informed that all e-mail which are addressing to
thaithanakit.co.th will need to be changed to
BTsecurities.com by March 1, 2002 Thank you. :-)