Hello All,

I've got an SQL question. I have a database that contains Reviews of some
of a clients publications. The client is interested in generating some
summary reports and I simply can't wrap my head around a single SQL query
(if that's possible) that will generate the information I'm looking for.

The one they are most interested in is this... We have a table (built on
user submissions) that has something like this...

DocName DocSubj Usefulness
Processors      Upgrading       1
Processors      Upgrading       2
Hard Drives     Upgrading       1
Printers        Reviews 3

They want to get something like this...

Subject # Reviews       Avg Rating
Upgrading       3               1.3
Reviews 1               1

And I'm just missing something... I'm sure it has to possible but I can't
think of good way to do this. (The only way I can think of is to run one
query to grab all the distinct subjects, loop over that resultset and then
fetch the count and average for that particular subject on each iteration)
Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Matt