On 31 Mar 2002, at 17:34, Alex Behrens wrote:

> My statement is this and it still gives me an error and wont add the data,
> the addslashes doesn't seem to be working:
>
>   $sql = addslashes("INSERT INTO hwureviews
> (name,title,picurl,url,author,email,category,num,info) VALUES
> ('$name','$title','$picurl','$url','$author','$email','$category','$num','$i
> nfo')");

I imagine addslashes() is working fine.  It's just not doing what you
think it should.  The addslashes() function isn't magical -- it
doesn't know that you want the single quotes inside $name backslashed
but not the ones around it.  You have to apply addslashes() to your
individual values, not to the whole SQL statement.

--
Keith C. Ivey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Tobacco Documents Online