On 2-04-2002 15:28, "Ulrik Witschass" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If many other tasks are running, try to renice it (though not too much).

What does renice mean? How can I do that?

> I just ran an INNER JOIN query with a result of 21397 records in the set on
> my 867 G4 and it took around 0.5 seconds (always varied a since I have some
> background processes running) before renicing the process and only 0.38
> after renicing.

Is it normal that I get same performance results with or without an index on
the field I'm using?  On my manual it says that indexing a field can improve
performance by a factor of 100.
To add the index I used:

ALTER TABLE ulb.threads ADD INDEX (secondi)

Is this enough?

Thanx!!! :))
Augusto