Have you looked at mysqlmanager?
It is still being developed and I am told it should not be used other than
for testing MySQL.  There is a mysqlmanagerc (client) app that goes with
it. It looks like it is being made to execute commands remotely.

I am waiting for someone to tell me what 'bin/mysqlmanager' does.

Maybe mysqlmanager/mysqlmanagerc will be able to remotely execute shell
scripts to start up MySQL processes.  I am hoping it can execute other
binaries/shell-scripts too.
-RG