Hello

I am trying to configure mysql on solaris 2.6

when I run the configure command I use

./conigure --with-prefix=/usr/local/mysql --with-exec-prefix=/usr/local/mysql
--enable-thread-safe-client --with-mysql-user=mysqldba

configure reports back the following error
configure: error: No size for char type.
A likely cause for this could be that there isn't any
static libraries installed. You can verify this by checking if you have libm.a
in /lib, /usr/lib or some other standard place.  If this is the problem,
install the static libraries and try again.  If this isn't the problem,
examine config.log for possible errors.  If you want to report this, use
'scripts/mysqlbug' and include at least the last 20 rows from config.log!
#

configure.log shows

checking size of char... 0

which I understand means it cannot find a char set.

can someone explain a little better what is going wrong and how to fix it.

thanks,

Matt