I finally got the log-bin to work.  You CANNOT put an extension.

log-bin = /mysql/log/replication

                      Eric Baines

                                               To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      04/02/02 10:51 AM        cc:

                                               Subject:  Database Replication

I have setup replication between two servers.  Everything works great.

I wanted to change the location of the bin-log file.  I tried
'log-bin=/somedirectory/replication.log' but I get this error
'replication.1 not found (Errcode: 2)'.  I took this from the manual:

| Write to a binary update log to the specified location. Note that if you |
| give it a parameter with an extension (for example,                      |
| log-bin=/mysql/logs/replication.log )                                    |

I am running 3.23.49a.

Thanks.