At 11:03 3/4/2002 -0500, Eugene Mah wrote:
Hi!

Microsoft Windows 2000 [Versão 5.00.2195]
(C) Copyright 1985-1999 Microsoft Corp.

C:\>c:\mysql\bin\mysql -u root -p
Enter password:
Your MySQL connection id is 2 to server version: 3.23.49-max-debug

mysql> use test;
Database changed
mysql> show variables like "lower%";
+------------------------+-------+
| Variable_name          | Value |
+------------------------+-------+
| lower_case_table_names | 0     |
+------------------------+-------+
1 row in set (0.02 sec)

mysql> create table MyTesT (id int);
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> show tables;
+----------------+
| Tables_in_test |
+----------------+
| MyTesT         |
+----------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql>

On the above sample running on Win2K I had set the variable:

set-variable    = lower_case_table_names  = 0

on my.ini file.

However, pay attention that the above only works for Win2K and maybe
on XP and NT and for read is case insensitive.

Regards,
Miguel

>I seem to be having issues with the way MySQL names
>the table files under Unix and WinXP.  I'm not sure if it's a
>mysql issue or a windows issue.
>
>Normally, when I create tables in MySQL, I like to capitalize the
>first letter.  Under unix, it all works fine and dandy.  But under
>WinXP, the table name gets converted to all lowercase,
>which consequently messes up my php files when I try to
>switch to all lower case, but old habits die hard and I sometimes
>forget when I'm typing away some PHP code.
>
>The MySQL I installed is from the download page at mysql.com.
>
>anybody else run into this issue?
>Eugene
>

>--
>Eugene Mah, M.Sc., DABR               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Medical Physicist/Misplaced Canuck    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Department of Radiology               "For I am a Bear of Very Little
>Medical University of South Carolina   Brain, and long words Bother
>Charleston, South Carolina             me."   Winnie the Pooh
>http://home.netcom.com/~eugenem/
>PGP KeyID = 0x1F9779FD, 0x319393F4
>PGP keys available on request         ICQ 3113529                 O-

For technical support contracts, goto https://order.mysql.com/
   /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Miguel A. Solórzano <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  / /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__   MySQL AB, FullTime Developer
/_/  /_/\_, /___/\___\_\___/   Mogi das Cruzes - São Paulo, Brazil
        <___/   www.mysql.com