6:35 a.m.

(writing this on the web)MYSQL :-)

Hi - in my first PHP file, :-

- earlier this week, Ive posted a few messages about my PHP webpage which Roger
Baklund was able to help me start off..

Anyway, - Ive been to some MySql Help sites & found some useful commands, which
ive been able to use sucessfully...

Ive uploaded a text version of my latest PHP script :-

http://homepages.slingshot.co.nz/~gordon52/4.txt

Basically, it finds out what databases youve got on your system, & you select
one of your choice.

it then lists all the tables for that database.

Ive now expanded it, to show you all the field names/columns included in the
table & view the values of each table/row/column.

The code for this last bit, is near the top of the script..

$action =='tables'

Question :-

1)

when i go to the 'user' tabvle in the mysql database.. it says there are 4
(FOUR) rows of information.

It sucessfully lists the 1st row - Names of each column..

- Then it proceeds to loop through all (4) rows of data, Listing each row..

However, This last bit (looping) is REALLY slow, compared to the first part.

& my screen says there are 4 rows of data, But it only displays 1 row, then
stops..

Does anyone know

a) Why it doesnt loop through all 4 lines of my database ?
b) Why it is a LOT slower, doing the 2nd loop. (a loop within a loop)

PS, I realise other people see what i'm trying to do.. & have made / or aquired
better scripts than this..

but ive only been dealing with PHP/Mysql for a week or so & this is my 1st big
script.

PPS - I'm more concverned at getting it "going" - rather than "looks"..

G.