At 22:50 3/4/2002 -0800, SankaraNarayanan Mahadevan wrote:
Hi,

>I have MySQL 3.23 installed in Windows 2000 Server 4
>days ago. It runs as a service of the server. It was
>working fine.
>But now it stops abrubtly. When I run the PhpMyAdmin
<snip>
>I ahve a doubt that it shuts down by itself after a
>specific period of time..
>Is there any such options???
>
>What is that I need to do?

There isn't a reason for to the server shutdown itself. Then I guess
that your client application sends something to the server which
provoke a crash on the server or any issue which control the time
of the service releasing the instruction for to stop the service.
Take a look in your /mysql/data/mysql.err file on the last lines if
you find a message error or the message saying that was made a normal
shutdown.

Also, to make a test, start the server as standalone e.g.:

mysqld-nt --standalone --console

and let the console open, for to see the message when the server goes
away. If you don't find the same behavior, then there is the possibility
that the user which had logged has a out-time defined in his profile for to
log off.

Regards,
Miguel

--