From: Victor [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, April 06, 2002 10:58 PM
To: MySQL
Subject: InnoDB and lock wait timeout

Hi. I have a question about rollbacks and innodb.

Suppose that a query begins with begin. Then a couple inserts happen but
before the commit statement is executed, the client hits stop in the
browser. What is going to do the rollback? If there is a persistent
connection, is it going to wait for 8 hours or so and what would happen
then?

Is there a significant increase in speed using persistent connections in
MySQL? I am using PHP and I am cuious how one would do a persistent
connection example. Does php would keep a class loaded in mem like java
would? It doesn't sound plausible since php is loaded with an apache thread,
which gets recycled every now and then, leaving the connection open on the
mysql side but never used by apache agian.

What are some approaches to solving these issues?

Thanks