Hi guys,

Our java code blows up when we try to insert a string with a ';' inside of it. So we
tried to do a work-around by replacing ';' with '||CHAR(59)||' to insert it, using the
char function and the character's respecitve ascii value. So instead of:

insert into table (key, field) values (1, 'test;string');

we had:

insert into table (key, field) values (1, 'test'||CHAR(59)||' string');

it seems to work initially...(Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)) but when I try to
select the value of the field I get just the value '0' (string of zero).

Anyone know what gives? If not, any ideas on another way to handle the problem? It
seemed like the CHAR() function was made for situations like this....

thanks,
Don